Revision, Retrieval and Games

There is a longer post to be written about some of my recent experiments with exploring LGBTQ and race in History more fully in the curriculum.

In the mean time I have been doing lots of revision with Year 10 in preparation for their end of Year exam. A little while ago I came across a great Tetris-derived revision game designed by @SPBeale. I used it to create a Cold War-themed version.

You should find that each "Tetrominoe" includes questions from a different section of the course, except for two of them which cover the 1960s, and the final one which is a random selection of questions I couldn't fit in anywhere else.

All questions can be changed depending on what you teach and which evidence you focus on.

Instructions are all on the sheet - about half of my classes had never actually played Tetris before, so had to be guided at first. This may or may not be the case with yours. 

All I can say is that the classes really seemed to enjoy the revision game; there was a definite buzz in the room. Thanks Simon!


Here is the link to the file on my Google Drive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knowledge revision quizzes

WW1 recruitment posters analysis, utility and curriculum development